Honda fuel systems are comprised of many parts that work together to help keep the engine in your vehicle properly gassed up. The main ones are the fuel tank, fuel pump, fuel filters, and either a carburetor or fuel injectors. There are several system configurations, too -- everything from in-tank pump and semi-in-tank to pump set. Some in-tank pumps even integrate a sucking jet pump.
Regardless, how a fuel system works is simple. The tank holds the gas; the pump draws it and sends it to your engine. The fuel filter removes impurities and contaminants from the gas in the process. Either the carburetor or the fuel injectors help ensure the right amount of gas makes it into the motor. A few other engine parts, both electronic and mechanical -- for instance, air sensors and an emission control system -- work alongside the fuel pump.
Unfortunately, fuel system parts can wear out or fail, the result of use and age, so it's a good idea to keep an eye out for signs of problems. They include:
- Whining noises coming from your fuel tank
- Trouble starting, or the inability to start at all
- A sputtering engine
- Stalling when your temperature gauge reads high
- Loss of engine power when driving uphill or towing
- Worsening gas mileage
- Random surging -- the feeling of stepping on the accelerator when you aren't
If you experience any of these symptoms, do a fuel system inspection. It's one of the best ways to figure out what's going on.
Buy the Best Fuel System Parts for Your Honda Online: Genuine OEM
When it's time to order a new fuel system, be sure you get genuine Honda. You can do it online, right here at our auto parts store. So, get the job done right -- buy now!
No results found for "fuel, fuel system, fuel tank, fuel guage, fuel filter". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!