Brake Pads Buying Guide
What They Do
They act as a friction-generating surface between the calipers and rotors in a brake system. More specifically, they allow the calipers (to which they are mounted) to rub against the rotors in a way that creates that resistance without either of the parts getting damaged. As a result, a vehicle's wheels and tires can slow down and come to a complete stop.
How Many and What Types There are
There are four.
- Organic brake pads are ideal for everyday driving. They're cost-effective, they produce consistent friction with very little dust, and they don't wear down rotors as fast.
- Ceramic brake pads last longer. They work well in various weather, they're quieter, and the dust they make doesn't stick to wheels as easily.
- Metallic/semi-metallic brake pads work even better, especially at high heat. They offer a much firmer feel, and they resist brake fade.
- Carbon fiber brake pads deliver the best stopping power, as they're the most durable and function superiorly at the highest temperatures.
Most cars use organic or metallic/semi-metallic. However, since carbon fiber and ceramic scatter heat best, many sports cars and performance-designed SUVs often use them.
When to Replace Them
Normally, every 40,000 or 50,000 miles, but it depends on how and where you drive.
The best way to tell? Look for signs of brake problems. They include a lit brake warning light, damaged pad surfaces, whining brakes, and taking longer to stop. The symptoms of your brakes going bad, however, are vibration and grinding. They indicate irregular pad wear due to rotor warp and rotor damage in real time, respectively. The best way to figure out if brake pads are the specific cause of your problems, though? Do an inspection. If you need to buy new ones, be sure to get the genuine article.
Why Buy Genuine Honda Brake Pads
Their compatibility with your model is guaranteed. That's an assurance that the aftermarket can't always make.
Where to Order Replacement Brake Pads for Your Honda Online
Right here at our auto parts store. We've got plenty in stock. Just check out our catalog, browsing by model and model year; it's the best way to find the right fit. Buy now to take advantage of fast shipping and delivery right to your door.
No results found for "brake pads". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!